A hurricane is a violent and destructive storm that leaves many homeowners with significant losses. As a homeowner, dealing with the consequences can be challenging, as these storms can wreak havoc. The extreme winds that accompany hurricanes can cause catastrophic damage, so you’ll want to protect your property from wind damage as best as possible. This storm damage restoration company in Arlington, Texas is going to provide some tips below.
Tips on Alleviating Wind Damage Before the Storm Arrives
The hurricane season begins from the first week of June and lasts till the end of November, with the peak months falling between mid-August and late October. Every mile of Texas remains vulnerable to wind-associated devastation. H ere are some helpful tips on how you can alleviate wind damage in Arlington, Texas this hurricane season:
- Take the time to maintain your landscape so there are no hanging tree branches or mulch that can damage the property when powerful winds arrive. The idea is to get rid of potentially dangerous landscaping and keep your premises secure.
- Remove all unfastened outdoor items, including furniture, equipment, and tools, so winds do not pick them up and send them flying onto people or properties.
- Keep all interior doors tightly closed so the roof isn’t under pressure and the force is compartmentalized, keeping the roof intact.
- Call professional roofers to promptly fix any damage and stay guarded against fierce winds, water, or flying debris.
- Since the power supply is the first to get affected during a hurricane, keep standby power so you aren’t left stranded amid power outages.
- Installing impact-resistant glass and windows can significantly help prevent the gusting winds from entering the property resulting from shattered windows.
- Ensure your insurance policy is renewed, and you know what the coverage includes or excludes. Also, wind-proof and flood-proof your home, so your chances of insurance mishap may decrease.
- It is a good idea to pre-determine where you and your family members would go if asked to evacuate. Your house is the safest shelter in emergencies, but it can be risky to take refuge if your region is on high alert.
- Regularly inspect your house for faults, so it doesn’t easily turn uninhabitable after an unfortunate incident.
- Seal all cracks and gaps, so the openings do not act as weak points allowing the wind to penetrate the structure and compromise its integrity.
- Stay up to date with local news and remain cautious of what is happening in your region. This information will be helpful should there be an emergency.
Taking preventative measures is the key to mitigating wind damage in Arlington, TX. However, it is difficult to tell when you might find yourself dealing with the aftermath. Hurricanes also brings rain and hail, and when that happens, your property can sustain significant damage.
Dealing with Wind Damage? Contact the Storm Damage Restoration Experts at Mr. Restore.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can considerably reduce the risk of wind damage at your home. But if disaster strikes, we will be there to help you get your home and your life back on track.
The team at Mr. Restore has the skills and experience to guide you through the chaos and provide high-quality wind damage restoration services in Arlington, Texas. In addition to wind-associated damage, we are a family-owned and operated business that specializes in water, fire, and sewage damage restoration as well.
Our team is here to help — contact us to schedule a free consultation.