Proudly Serving Dallas-Fort Worth and Surrounding Areas
Find a Location
Mr. Restore now has offices in Dallas-Fort Worth, Amarillo, and Oklahoma City.
These simple tasks can help prevent water damage to your home. By doing these, you can make sure that a small project doesn’t turn into a very large and costly issue.
1. Replace problem shingles or tiles – Inspect your roof and replace any broken, cracked or missing shingles right away. Exposure to the sun, wind and hail can cause the waterproof layer to deteriorate, allowing moisture to enter your home and create water damage. Be sure to check around pipes, skylights, chimneys etc.
2. Keep debris off of your rooftop – Make sure to trim trees so that branches, leaves and other debris doesn’t collect on your roof, especially if you have had storm damage. These can hold moisture and create a large issue in your attic or the rest of your home.
3. Check out your attic – Check your attic for moisture. Look for wet or moldy insulation, signs of water or moisture in the wooden underside of your roof, visible mold or mildew, or a musty smell.
4. Clean and maintain gutters- Carefully maintain your gutters and clean them regularly. Always use caution and seek a professional if you don’t feel comfortable doing this on your own.
5. Pay attention to ridges and valleys – This is where the plane of your roof changes; where debris tends to accumulate. Make sure that shingles in these areas overlap correctly, to prevent water damage.
It's also a good idea to have a professional come out once a year to inspect your roof to check these issues and prevent water damage to your home. If you have any questions about water damage or storm damage to your home, give us a call and we can help!
December 30, 2021
December 25, 2021
December 20, 2021