Frozen and burst water pipes in the middle of winter is an inconvenient disaster. It can lead to thousands of dollars of water damage to your home and belongings. Many people assume that they know how to prevent burst pipes, but there are a few myths that fool people into making mistakes. You will be surprised to learn that some of what you thought you knew isn’t entirely true. Mr Restore has responded to hundreds of water damage calls around the Dallas area due to misconceptions about burst pipes. Check out these myths about freezing water pipes to increase your plumbing knowledge and gain some insight for preventing freezing pipes.
- Living in a Cold Region Puts You at the Greatest Risk of Frozen Pipes
- Pipes Don’t Freeze Unless It is Below Zero for Several Nights
- Expanding Ice Causes Pipes to Burst
- A Dripping Faucet Prevents Pipes from Freezing
- Only the Actual Temperature Matters, Not Wind Chill
- Insulating Pipes Keeps Cold Air Out