Tips and Tricks—Storm Damage Help!
In a previous blog, we talked about storm damage after Hurricane Harvey devastated so many places and people. Today, we are going to give you some important safety tips to follow, and tell you about the important services that Mr Restore has to offer when storm damage hits. We know that storms never choose a “good” time to hit, so it is important to be aware of these safety tips no matter what! We think it makes sense to be ready for the worst-case scenario, even if it never happens—in case it does, you will be ready!
- Do not enter a building if severe structural damage has occurred! This is because it is possible that the building or home you are going to enter could cave in—so stay away!
- Steer clear of down power lines (especially if you live close to water).
- If you have access to a generator, use it! Just be sure to place it outside and not in a closed-in area!
- If you smell natural gas, it is possible (and probable) that there is a gas leak. Turn off your gas meter and call your utility provider ASAP.
- Use any form of communication to stay updated—like social media and local radio stations! Follow your local news on social media to stay updated.
- Flood waters are devastating—try your hardest not to drive.
- Do not go on the roof or climb ladders if you have never done so in the past. It could lead to potential injuries!
While we have some great tips to offer to help you get through the storm, we also have amazing and important storm damage services that you might need from us! When you call Mr Restore, we have twelve different ways that we can help you through the (literal) storm! Our services include:
Securing of property
Rebuilding, restoring and repairing dry wall, framing, and more!
Insurance claim assistance—we all know how tricky insurance can be!
Clean-up of the damaged home or business
Constant communication with the property owner—we will always keep you in the loop!
Soot removal and clean up, if necessary. For example, if a fire was caused by the storm
Residual Moisture Removal